eStrategy Solutions, located in the Northwest Austin, TX area, is a growing, specialized technology and service group focused on regulatory support and e-learning services for state government and licensing agencies. Our rapidly evolving technology and services support millions of state-licensed professionals across the country and around the world. We offer a wide range of benefits including competitive pay, health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible PTO, 401k, and the list goes on... and on and on.
Working at eSS
Lead DevelopereStrategy Solutions, a small, mighty technology company since 2000, located in the Northwest Austin area, is currently seeking a full-time Lead Developer to join our team and be responsible for all the software development, maintenance and ongoing management of our SaaS-based technology applications used by our e-learning customers, clients and businesses.
The Lead Developer will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standards for all programming activities. As lead, you will offer guidance for process and product improvement, and promote effective team communication. The Lead Developer will work closely with the project manager, product manager, account managers and COO to ensure our projects meet specified requirements, timelines and budgets. Our ideal candidate will be willing to face challenges head-on while excelling in all things related to programming and managing a team. We are seeking an individual with a positive attitude, attention to detail, timeliness and a strong work ethic who is ready to lead their team through continuous improvements in meeting business objectives. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- be excited by the opportunity to work in a small company hyper focused on serving people well,
- be qualified to shoulder the blend of challenges working on a SaaS-based platform that includes an array of services: eCommerce/transaction services, learning management system (LMS), content management services, eLearning course delivery, client portal services, websites (both public and client specific), and standards-based integrations with other systems,
- be equally qualified and knowledgeable to focus simultaneously on user experience, standards-based development and system performance,
- exhibit passion about web application development and quality assurance in pursuit of customer delight and value delivery,
- be a believer that all things worth doing are worth doing right the first time, and
- be our team’s go to expert for all things related to our technologies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Programming & Technical
- Collaborate with management teams to design and deliver new product features that improve our services
- Contribute to architecture, feature and performance decisions
- Research, design and implement technical specifications for projects based on user requirements as indicated in scope of work, wireframes and/or sitemap documents
- Ensure projects are built to meet performance, security, and functional requirements applying development best practices
- Oversee the development and maintenance of websites, intranets, applications and other custom programming assignments as applicable
- Ability to perform backend/database programming for key projects
- Keep your hands dirty – write code and fix bugs
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning
- Stay up-to-date on industry standards and incorporate them appropriately
- Assist with testing, debugging, documentation and overall quality assurance of projects
- Participate in on-call coverage
Leadership & Management
- Manage and mentor a team of full-stack developers (internal and external resources), keeping them challenged, focused and effective through all phases of development
- Direct the development team in the design, initiation, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Review business requests and provide time estimates for projects with the ability to analyze and balance across various aspects of software development – timelines, quality, capacity, etc.
- Make recommendations for and participate in the development and ongoing management of our technology roadmap
- Manage and maintain web hosting resources such as servers, SSL certificates and DNS
- Understand the difference between "Doing Agile" and "being agile."
- Coordinate the effective use of the development team's time and ensuring efficient communication between team members and other functional areas
- Devise process improvements towards an Agile development process and direct the team through the changes needed to successfully implement these changes
- Work with management to prioritize resource needs while simultaneously directing and motivating staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge of Node.js Express, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, restful API's, microservices architecture, CI/CD DevOps, MySQL, AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Route53
- Working knowledge of PHP, Backbone.js, ESlint, Grunt, Redis, ElastiCache, and iOS or Android application development
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with change management
- Advanced troubleshooting & debugging skills
- A passion for development, code quality, working with other developers – dogfooding
- Ability to "lead from the front" – knowing how to be a role model for the team
- Experience leading and motivating others, team building
- Exceptional communication skills, attention to detail and desire to communicate effectively
- Project management experience
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner in all endeavors
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with company members, clients, and the public
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience with eCommerce, Learning Management Systems and/or other educational technologies strongly preferred
- Two plus years of experience managing development teams in a Scrum or Kanban environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or minimum of five years' work experience
Salary commensurate with experience.Submit resumé and cover letter
eStrategy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.